This slideshow just shows the common things I saw in St. Lucia. I was there during the rainy, cold season. The average temperature was in the 80's with humidity in the 90's, so I always felt like I was a wet sponge dripping a little bit of water all the time. ;) Vieux Fort (the area I lived in) is the lower class side of St. Lucia. Castries, where all of the resorts are is the upper end. The standard of living in Vieux Fort would be like our lower class in the U.S. Most of the people at least had food and I was surprised to find several had televisions & computers as well. One of the pictures in my slideshow is of a very run down house which does not even have a roof. The cousin of the man who owned the cafe we ate at everyday lives in that dwelling, so there is extreme poverty as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment